Monday, September 30, 2013

Back from Cape Town

Back from Cape Town
April 2, 2016 - Indianapolis, Indiana
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d0/Serengeti_-_Stefan_Swanepoel_.jpg

Back from South Africa! You want to know about the biome that I was in! The biome I was in like the Serengeti, I actually went to it (since I was close by). Here's a few things about it. It's basically a desert. There are lots of large animals. Animals like gazelles, zebras (which are awesome), buffalos, etc. Did you know there are 70 different types  of large mammals. Pretty cool, right?
You know how I said there was a Zebra.

Well, while we were traveling around, a zebra started following us. So I started riding it (because it let me) and then tried taking it back to South Africa with me. The hotel wouldn't let me bring it into the hotel, so I had to let it go. Pretty sad day. But that brings me to my other point. We were walking, and the Zebra started eating some weeds. The tour guide told us that those weeds aren't indigenous to the region, weeds like Prickly Acacia, Rubbervine and Mesquite. Interesting stuff

Source:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savanna

No comments:

Post a Comment