Saturday, September 28, 2013

I'm back!

I'm Back!

August 15, 2014 - Indianapolis, Indiana


Wow, it's already been 4 months. My trip to the Polar Ice Cap was AMAZING! I spent around 2 weeks making it to the North Pole, and then I lived around there for a month. It was freezing, but insanely fun. For the most part, there was no plant life. We did see some animals however. We saw some penguins (my book came in handy) and some polar bears. It was mainly covered in ice, but we did pass along the "shore" of some water. That's where we saw the polar bears (they were catching fish, typical...). More on the ice, you know how when you go to something like Google Maps and scroll to the top, you see this big block of white, it's much more amazing in person. A beautiful white ground for as far as the eye can see. I'm so glad I was able to experience that in my lifetime.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b1/Ursus_maritimus_mother_with_cub.jpg

I was at the North Pole during the summer. That means I got to experience a 24 hour day. Yeah, that's right. The sun was up for 24 hours straight. Although, it made sleeping hard. It makes you appreciate the darkness of night. Also, it never stopped snowing. I guess that might be my own fault though. I was there in summer, which (weird to us) is the time when it snows the most.

Sources :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polar_climate