Sunday, September 29, 2013

Back from Turkey

Back from Turkey Post

August 18, 2015 - Indianapolis, Indiana

So, I went to the Temperate Grassland Desert. The climate was as I expected it to be. As I expected there to be, there were perennial grasslands and forbs. Since the temperate is high and the rainfall was minimal, I saw there a lot of grasses that had adapted to that type of environment, it was very informative. We trekked on the steppes that are in the Eurasian grasslands. It was quite a sight to see, but kind of boring, flatness for as far as I could see.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/91/Steppe_of_western_Kazakhstan_in_the_early_spring.jpg

There was quite a bit of life, but most of the animals were far apart. There were bisons, horses, molerats, polerates, etc. With all these animals, and seeing them in the open of the large expanse of land, was amazing.  As with all my previous "I've returned blogs" I'm going to talk about how we, as humans, are terrible.We have used these lands to overgraze to bring up livestock. We have clear cut land and set fires to large expanses of grass.  

Sources:


No comments:

Post a Comment