Saturday, September 28, 2013

The Polar Ice Cap (Planning)

April 1, 2014 - Indianapolis, Indiana

So, I'm going to be making my way to the polar ice cap in 2 weeks. I can't express how excited I am with words. My main city that I'll be staying in is Nuuk (It's the capital of Greenland). 


https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5a/Nuuk_city_below_Sermitsiaq.JPG


Yeah, I know. It's really barren, but I won't actually be there too long. The weather isn't anything to write home about (but it's the polar ice cap, so nothing to complain about either)



I plan on going further north from there (maybe even the North Pole), and around the area. 

Ok, I'll admit something. I haven't started packing yet. That's probably bad considering I'm leaving in 13 days, but it's alright because I already have a list (so I just need to order it from Amazon).

Packing List

  • Coats (lots of them, it's freezing)
  • A scarf and hat 
  • My camera (Nikon D7100)
  • Snow shoes (I'll need them on my trip the north pole)
  • A book on penguins (I'll need to know when I reach the North Pole)
Sources : 






No comments:

Post a Comment