Saturday, September 28, 2013

Je suis de retour de Paris

I'm back from Paris

April 2, 2015

So, I got home yesterday. Paris was...lovely. That's really the only word that can describe it. Lovely. After all the typical Paris stuff, you know, the eiffel tower, the Louvre, etc. I headed for the reason I came. The Temperate Deciduous Forest! It was, in the plainest sense, a forest. But it was great, nonetheless. Oaks, Maples, Beechs, and Elms all in on forest. Every colored leaf you can imagine. Most birds had traveled south at this time, so unfortunately there wasn't much life (other than trees and insects, of course).

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/14/KingsForestParkF.JPG

My past 4 trips have made me extremely aware of my affects on our world. To get energy, we cut the temperate deciduous forest. Then we burn the wood, and release carbon into the environment. And because we cut down the trees, there are less plants to take the carbon out via photosynthesis. I found out less than 1/4 of the original forest remains. That was a real eye opener. Some of the trees are being put into danger, like the beautiful elms I saw. I hope we, as humans, can stop this.

Source : 

No comments:

Post a Comment